Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Chevron Initial Home Decor

I have started a small collection of chevron fabrics from Hobby Lobby. They keep getting in new fun colors that I just LOVE!


I've used the yellow chevron before to make a binder cover. A total favorite of mine! Well, I also recently used the grey one in a home decor project. It turned out great!
 

I made the letter at a Mom's Night Out last Fall. The host found it on Pinterest. HERE it is on another blog so you can see how it's done. It's not the exact way we did it, but very similar.

Well, I really liked that letter and wanted it to stay up all year round. So, I decided to cover an old wooden plaque picture thingy I got from Goodwill. You could use an art canvas. And, I have been really wanting to incorporate the grey chevron in my decor, so this was the perfect solution!

I created a little picture tutorial for y'all. In case you want to do it to. Basically, I used spray adhesive to attach the fabric to the board. Then, I used a command strip to attach the letter to it. It was just that simple! 

The pictures don't show the Command strip because I originally used the spray adhesive. Let's just say that was not the most intelligent way of going about it. Thankfully, days later, after I found it on the floor, I had this genius idea of the Command strip. It's worked great!



Have a tote-ally blessed day y'all!

1 comment:

  1. Hi:) maybe a silly question, but do you have an extra yard of the turquoise/white chevron fabric that you would be interested in selling? I am needing a yard for a customer and Hobby Lobby has this color back ordered :( I stumbled upon your blog while searching the web for the fabric elsewhere. I would be glad to pay $10 + shipping if u do??! You can email me at mly412(at gmail dot com). Thanks:) Misty Y.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

There was an error in this gadget
Tote-ally Crafty Experience@2012. Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP