This Friday I thought I'd share something my family has for breakfast every morning, a strawberry banana chocolate kale smoothie. It's packed full of goodness and is tasty too!
Here's what you need:
- 2 bananas
- 2 stalks kale leaves
- 1-2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1- 2 scoops chocolate protein powder
- about 2 cups rice milk (or any milk you prefer)
Here's what to do:
- First cut the bananas into small pieces, place in blender.
- Add the rolled oats on top.
- Next tear the leaves off of the kale stalk, place in blender.
- Put the chocolate protein powder on top of the kale.
- Throw the frozen strawberries on top of that.
- Lastly, add the milk. I put about 2 cups in. This gives me my desired consistency. Add as much, or as little, milk as you prefer.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a cup and enjoy!
Here you can see all of the ingredients layered and ready to blend.
Here is the smoothie blending. I always let the bottom ingredients mix together very well, then I have to push the strawberries down a bit to get into the mix. Sometimes, after everything is mixed together, I add a bit more milk if I have not yet reached my desired consistency.
Have a blessed & healthy weekend y'all!