Friday, August 3, 2012

Foodie Friday: Whole Wheat White Chocolate Chip Cookies

Today I thought I'd post my favorite cookie recipe. Not just any cookie recipe, an amazing freezer cookie recipe. You mix up a big batch, freeze them, and enjoy them whenever you want!

Oh, and they bake up perfectly Every. Time. No kidding.

I found this recipe HERE. I only made minor changes to the recipe. I will note them below.


What you need:
  • 2 1/4 cups white whole wheat flour *I used whole wheat
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar *I used coconut sugar
  • 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 1-2 cups chocolate chips *I used white chips and some peanut butter chips as well 
  • Optional: Super adorable toddler helper.  =)

What to do:

Combine flour, salt and baking soda in a bowl, whisk it together and set aside.

Combine brown sugar, granulated sugar and softened butter in the bowl of an electric mixer.  Beat until creamy, about 3 to 5 minutes.  Add vanilla extract.  Add eggs one at a time, beating for 1 minute in between each addition.  Add dry ingredients all at once and mix well.  Fold in chocolate chips and nuts if using.

Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.  Drop cookie dough by the tablespoonfuls onto the baking sheet.  Place them very close together so that as many cookies balls as possible fit on the tray. Put the cookie sheet in the freezer and chill dough balls until frozen through, at least 3 hours.  Remove the sheet from the freezer and place dough balls in a freezer safe bag and place back in the freezer until ready to bake.

When ready to bake cookies, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.  Place frozen dough balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.  Leave a few inches in between the cookies, giving them room to spread.  Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or  until golden and irresistible.

Believe me, they are irresistible. I am so glad I came across this recipe over at Joy the Baker.

Have a blessed day y'all!

1 comment:

  1. Oh... I believe you! I must try it soon. I may even ask for the super cute toddler helper!

    Love,

    s

    ReplyDelete

Followers

There was an error in this gadget
Tote-ally Crafty Experience@2012. Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP