Thursday, August 2, 2012

Fabric Postcards

A while ago I saw THESE fabric postcards on Pinterest. I thought they would be a lot of fun to make and send! I finally got around to giving them a go.


This is the first one I made. (Remember how I said I just loved the rainbow fabric? Can you tell that I still have a little infatuation with it?!) I absolutely L-O-V-E it! I don't know about you, but if I checked the mail and saw this in the box, I would be instantly happy! =)


The next one I made for a friend who is expecting. (And no, not a friend from the 2 baby showers I hosted in June. This is a totally different Momma, and there are 2 others I know as well. I guess this is the year of babies!) 


The Daddy is a dj, hence the musical fabric. I have seen a picture of a nursery floating around on Pinterest, something I did not pin, and on the wall it simply stated OH BOY above the crib. Clever. So, I went ahead and used it for my card. I like it. Boys are really exciting! Full of adventure and curiosity. 

I had too much fun making these. Seriously. Too. Much. Fun!

I pretty much followed the above mentioned tutorial in making these. I did do a few different things. Like, embroidering words to the front and some applique. I also used felt and didn't exactly 'quilt' it like she did. 

These are more than a postcard. They are little pieces of art! Something to keep and display.

Oh, and I may have gone a bit overboard because yes, I did buy this stamp so I can hand stamp the back of each. Don't judge me! ;)


Have a blessed day friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

There was an error in this gadget
Tote-ally Crafty Experience@2012. Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP