Friday, July 13, 2012

Foodie Friday: Simple Spring Rolls

Welcome to another Foodie Friday! This week I wanted to share one of my favorites with you all: Spring Rolls.

I think a lot of people are intimidated by these tasty little appetizers. I know I used to be! They really are a easy little things to make though. The recipe I am going to share is super SIMPLE. Very basic ingredients. The beauty of spring rolls is that you can put whatever your heart desires in them!

I tried to take step by step pictures. I hope they are easy to understand!  =)

First let's gather some ingredients:
This is the kind available at my local grocery store.
  • Spring roll shells
  • cabbage
  • carrots
  • soy sauce
  • olive oil
  • any other veggies 


Now we are ready to begin!


The first thing you need to do is shred the veggies. I used my food processor for this. It is quick and easy! You could also use a cheese grater to shred the veggies if you do not have a food processor.
 
Next put some soy sauce and olive oil (you may be wondering how much? just a enough to cover the bottom with a layer) in a deep skillet and saute the shredded veggies for about 5-10 minutes.

Once finished, let the mixture cool. Now we will fill each shell with filling and wrap them up.

Filling station
Step 1
Step 2
Step 3
Step 4

There you have it! You have successfully made delightful spring rolls. That wasn't so bad now was it? ;) 

All that is left is cooking them, which, you could do in one of two ways: deep fry or bake. I bake mine. You can also FREEZE these and cook them later! I usually make a whole bunch, cook some, and freeze the rest. Yumminess whenever you have the craving!


To bake them, place them on a baking sheet and lightly spray all sides with olive oil. This will help them to be crispy. I usually bake them at 350* for about 10-15 minutes, until lightly golden.


 Enjoy and have a blessed day friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

There was an error in this gadget
Tote-ally Crafty Experience@2012. Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP