Friday, June 29, 2012

Foodie Friday: Strawberry Banana Chocolate Kale Smoothie



This Friday I thought I'd share something my family has for breakfast every morning, a strawberry banana chocolate kale smoothie. It's packed full of goodness and is tasty too!




Here's what you need:

  • 2 bananas
  • 2 stalks kale leaves
  • 1-2 cups frozen strawberries
  • 1/4 cup rolled oats
  • 1- 2 scoops chocolate protein powder
  • about 2 cups rice milk (or any milk you prefer)
  • blender

 Here's what to do:
  • First cut the bananas into small pieces, place in blender. 
  • Add the rolled oats on top.
  • Next tear the leaves off of the kale stalk, place in blender.
  • Put the chocolate protein powder on top of the kale.
  • Throw the frozen strawberries on top of that.
  • Lastly, add the milk. I put about 2 cups in. This gives me my desired consistency. Add as much, or as little, milk as you prefer.
  • Blend until smooth.
  • Pour into a cup and enjoy!


Here you can see all of the ingredients layered and ready to blend.


 Here is the smoothie blending. I always let the bottom ingredients mix together very well, then I have to push the strawberries down a bit to get into the mix. Sometimes, after everything is mixed together, I add a bit more milk if I have not yet reached my desired consistency.

Have a blessed & healthy weekend y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

There was an error in this gadget
Tote-ally Crafty Experience@2012. Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP