Friday, June 15, 2012

Foodie Friday: Green Sauce

There is nothing like dipping a tortilla chip into some smooth and creamy green sauce! So deliciously tasty!

I have a serious addiction to this stuff. There's a local Mexican restaurant here that has oh-so-wonderful green sauce. I wanted to make my own at home though. So, I searched the net for the perfect recipe.


I found a recipe I liked HERE. I did make a few minor changes to it but nothing that would really make it 'mine'. I really love how it turns out every time. I make this about twice a month, no joke.

Let's get started!

Ingredients:
  • 3 ripe avocados (they really need to be ripe!), skin and seed removed
  • 8 tomatillos, husks removed, halved
  • 2 jalapenos, halved, seeds removed
  • clove of garlic
  • 5-6 fresh cilantro sprigs, sometimes I use more I love cilantro!
  • 8oz cream cheese
  • Salt to taste

How to make it:
  1. Place tomatillos, jalapenos, and garlic into a pot with just enough water to cover. Boil until tender. Drain water and let cool.
  2. Place avocado, cream cheese, cilantro, cooked, cooled veggies, and salt to taste into a food processor, OR a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
  3. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
  4. Enjoy!
A few things I have learned while making this ultra yummy dip - The avocados need to be ripe. If they aren't, it's just not as yummy but still good. Also, it tastes best once you have let it cool down in the fridge for a bit, and it sort of 'sets'.

I hope you enjoy the green sauce, and have a blessed weekend friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

There was an error in this gadget
Tote-ally Crafty Experience@2012. Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP