I have a serious addiction to this stuff. There's a local Mexican restaurant here that has oh-so-wonderful green sauce. I wanted to make my own at home though. So, I searched the net for the perfect recipe.
I found a recipe I liked HERE. I did make a few minor changes to it but nothing that would really make it 'mine'. I really love how it turns out every time. I make this about twice a month, no joke.
Let's get started!
- 3 ripe avocados (they really need to be ripe!), skin and seed removed
- 8 tomatillos, husks removed, halved
- 2 jalapenos, halved, seeds removed
- clove of garlic
- 5-6 fresh cilantro sprigs, sometimes I use more I love cilantro!
- 8oz cream cheese
- Salt to taste
How to make it:
- Place tomatillos, jalapenos, and garlic into a pot with just enough water to cover. Boil until tender. Drain water and let cool.
- Place avocado, cream cheese, cilantro, cooked, cooled veggies, and salt to taste into a food processor, OR a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
I hope you enjoy the green sauce, and have a blessed weekend friends!