I hope so!
This week we have a tasty treat! Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes. YUM!
This recipe is a modified version of one my mother gave to me years ago. I made a few modifications to the original. I subbed a gluten free baking mix for the flour, coconut sugar for the white sugar, and instead of using shortening, I used olive oil. These bake up nice and moist!
Here's what you need:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 3/4 cups gluten free baking mix
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp sea salt, I just eye ball it
- 1 3/4 cup rice milk, you could use regular
Here's what to do:
- Preheat your oven to 350*. Place baking cups in cupcake pans.
- Cream butter, olive oil, coconut sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy; blend in eggs.
- Combine baking soda, cocoa, gluten free baking mix, , baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Add alternately with milk to batter, blending well.
- Pour evenly into cupcake liners; bake for about 20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean from center.
- Cool completely before frosting.
If you give it a try, let me know how yours turned out, or if you tried something different. =)
Have a blessed day friends!