Friday, June 8, 2012

Foodie Friday: Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes


Are you ready for round two of Foodie Friday?

I hope so!

This week we have a tasty treat! Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes. YUM!


This recipe is a modified version of one my mother gave to me years ago. I made a few modifications to the original. I subbed a gluten free baking mix for the flour, coconut sugar for the white sugar, and instead of using shortening, I used olive oil. These bake up nice and moist!

Here's what you need:

  • 1/4 cup butter, softened
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1 1/2 cups coconut sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 tsp baking soda
  • 3/4 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
  • 1 3/4 cups gluten free baking mix
  • 3/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/8 tsp sea salt, I just eye ball it
  • 1 3/4 cup rice milk, you could use regular

Here's what to do:
  • Preheat your oven to 350*.  Place baking cups in cupcake pans.
  • Cream butter, olive oil, coconut sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy; blend in eggs.
  • Combine baking soda, cocoa, gluten free baking mix, , baking powder and salt in a bowl.
  • Add alternately with milk to batter, blending well.
  • Pour evenly into cupcake liners; bake for about 20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean from center.
  • Cool completely before frosting.
  • Enjoy!
I am bringing these sweet treats to a baby shower today. The Momma-to-be can't have gluten or regular sugar. That is why I had to whip up something super special for her!

If you give it a try, let me know how yours turned out, or if you tried something different.   =)

Have a blessed day friends!

1 comment:

Followers

There was an error in this gadget
Tote-ally Crafty Experience@2012. Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP