What do you think of the new look?! It will continue to change, little by little, but I like how it is coming together!
Welcome to my first...
Every Friday I will bring you in to my home for a taste of some foods that my family enjoys. Some are originals but most are adaptations of recipes I have found here and there. If there is an original source, and I still have that source, I will link up to it. Otherwise, I will just have to mention that I found it from somewhere else. I hope that is fair!
Let's get started!
For this first Friday, I have a new-to-our-home recipe to share. It's adapted from a recipe from a friend. I didn't really change much from her original recipe, just a few small tweaks that suited me better (and I do mean small).
These were a BIG hit with my kids (well, all except for one)! I really liked them too! In the picture they have already 'fallen' a bit but these are moist and delicious. They aren't really muffins. They are just eggs, onion, bell pepper, taters, and cheese. They are a welcome change to the everyday egg routine.
Here's how to make them...
- 6-8 eggs
- Finely chopped onion
- Finely chopped bell pepper (I used green but any color would be yummy!)
- Crushed tater tots
- Shredded cheese (We like colby jack but whatever your preference is.)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- You can add anything you want really. Spinach would be tasty, and maybe adding some salsa, yum!
Also, I have not listed any set amounts of veggies because it is entirely up to you! ; )
- Beat the eggs.
- Combine eggs, onion, bell pepper, taters, cheese, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Evenly distribute the mixture into a prepared muffin pan. (I sprayed the pan with olive oil because I was out of paper wrappers. Go with what you've got! =] )
- Place in a preheated 350* oven and bake for about 15 minutes, or until the eggs are set.
- Serve and enjoy!
Have a blessed day friends!