Friday, June 1, 2012

Foodie Friday: Baked Egg Bite "Muffins"

What do you think of the new look?! It will continue to change, little by little, but I like how it is coming together!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Welcome to my first...

Every Friday I will bring you in to my home for a taste of some foods that my family enjoys. Some are originals but most are adaptations of recipes I have found here and there. If there is an original source, and I still have that source, I will link up to it. Otherwise, I will just have to mention that I found it from somewhere else. I hope that is fair!

Let's get started!

For this first Friday, I have a new-to-our-home recipe to share. It's adapted from a recipe from a friend. I didn't really change much from her original recipe, just a few small tweaks that suited me better (and I do mean small).

These were a BIG hit with my kids (well, all except for one)! I really liked them too! In the picture they have already 'fallen' a bit but these are moist and delicious. They aren't really muffins. They are just eggs, onion, bell pepper, taters, and cheese. They are a welcome change to the everyday egg routine.

Here's how to make them...

Ingredients:
  1. 6-8 eggs
  2. Finely chopped onion
  3. Finely chopped bell pepper (I used green but any color would be yummy!)
  4. Crushed tater tots
  5. Shredded cheese (We like colby jack but whatever your preference is.)
  6. Salt and pepper, to taste
  7. You can add anything you want really. Spinach would be tasty, and maybe adding some salsa, yum!
    Also, I have not listed any set amounts of veggies because it is entirely up to you! ; )
What I did:
  1. Beat the eggs.
  2. Combine eggs, onion, bell pepper, taters, cheese, salt and pepper. Mix well.
  3. Evenly distribute the mixture into a prepared muffin pan. (I sprayed the pan with olive oil because I was out of paper wrappers. Go with what you've got!  =] )
  4. Place in a preheated 350* oven and bake for about 15 minutes, or until the eggs are set.
  5. Serve and enjoy!
If you give the recipe a try, please let me know! Or, maybe you added some other fun ingredients. Either way, I'd love to hear what you think!

Have a blessed day friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

There was an error in this gadget
Tote-ally Crafty Experience@2012. Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP