Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Sewing Space Makeover

The last couple of months my sewing space has been a bit unorganized. Okay, okay, extremely unorganized and in disarray! I have been avoiding cleaning it like the plague. Seriously. It was, in my mind, that bad. See for yourselves...
There's stuff crammed everywhere, and anywhere I can think to put it. Most of the time I wasn't sure where stuff was, and spent more time than I'd like to say, just looking for it. Then, finally, one day, I asked for help. Sometimes, that's all it takes for me to just do what needs to be done! So, I sent this photo to a friend of mine. She is pretty organized and I knew she could help me make some sense out of all of this. And, she did! With her suggestions I was able to organize my space so that it was pleasant to look at, and still be completely usable. Here is the after...
Totally different, right?! I'm sure you are wondering where all of that junk that was on the table and shelf went to. I had to purge. It turns out I am a queen of clutter. A lot of the papers and what-not needed to be thrown away. My friend suggested those fabric cubes you can purchase at Wal-Mart, Target, etc. Well, that wasn't exactly in the budget, so I improvised. My husband works for a coffee company, and is constantly throwing out boxes of all sizes. So, he brought home a few instead. I covered them with fabric, and organized my items into each one. You can't even tell they are just cardboard boxes, unless you get up close and inspect them. I really like my spray adhesive! =]

There's only one thing that is missing from my space, something I plan to do but just haven't yet. On the blank space by the window, I will be putting a rod. I will hang my hanging file folder holder there, and some hanging pockets. I will most definitely share when it is complete!

I feel so fresh now. Ready to take on fun new projects! Like making more Bible Cover/Carriers. I really enjoy making these! The clear vinyl pocket is my all time favorite thing. I don't know why I am so tickled with myself but I am. Here's a few I have recently made. They will be making their way to my Etsy shop very soon!
"Faith" Bible Cover

"Kleo Black" Bible Cover

Thank you Kelli for your organizational inspiration!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

There was an error in this gadget
Tote-ally Crafty Experience@2012. Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP