Tuesday, February 28, 2012

When the Pie Hits the Floor

When the pit hits the floor, the first thing you need to do, is gain your composure because, after all, it's just pie. Second thing you need to do is get a rag, and clean up the mess. You may need a mop, depending on the pie. And, of course, last, but certainly not least, try to save as much of the pie as you can! Just because it was on the floor, does not mean you can't still eat it. Well, at least some of it.

You may be wondering, why the pie inspired post? Well, maybe it's because just this morning, someone was standing with the refrigerator door open, and then a toddler made their way into the fridge, found said pie, and then dropped it on the floor. The entire, not eaten, rich and creamy chocolate pie! Oh, how I enjoy a slice of chocolate cream pie. And, apparently, my daughter may have the same love for the pie as I do. Hmm, either way, it got me thinking about all of the other little messes I have going on around here. Which brought me to my sewing area, and that is how we have arrived here, at this post, about pie.

Enough of the pie incident already. Let's talk about aprons. Which, we could use to make pies, if we so chose to do so. Last week, I finished up a super adorable apron that my friend, and neighbor (I love that!), asked me to make for a friend of hers that was teaching an art class to her girls, and some other homeschoolers. She brought some little hand prints with their hand written names. And then, she left the rest up to me! I am quite honored that she believes in my creativity. But enough talk, let's see the pictures! (My apologies for the not professional pictures I have here. I am working on that creative aspect, at least trying to. ;) )
Don't you just love the adorable hand prints?!

The entire back side is the yellow with colored polka dots. FUN!
I enjoyed working on this custom apron. It inspires me to make more aprons. Here's another one I did. Very basic but still oh so fun.
Makes you just want to get in the kitchen and start baking!

My next idea for aprons: kid sized. My boys would love to have their own apron for when they help out in the kitchen. And, since I am having so much fun making them, I might as well have a go!

Thanks for stopping by! I'll have a slice of pie for you. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

There was an error in this gadget
Tote-ally Crafty Experience@2012. Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP