Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I *Love* Custom Requests!

Whew! I have been keeping pretty busy lately! Which, I like. =]  I had a couple of people ask me if I could custom make a few different items. I *love* custom requests! Even if they are not something I normally make. A good challenge every now and again is a good thing.

First, a neighbor friend of mine asked if I could make her an apron. It's a gift for her daughters' art teacher. FUN! So far, I have only made this test apron.
It turned out quite well, I think! The custom apron requested will have a pocket, and the student's hand prints appliqued onto it. I look forward to making it, and sharing the finished project with all of you!

The next item, is a bit different. Honestly, it's not something I would have thought to make. But, it is a tote of sorts. A friend requested a Hip Pack. Now, don't get all crazy 80's on me! This is definitely a functional, useful accessory. Again, I only have a test one made but, I am surprised with how much I actually like it. Not that there is anything wrong with a hip pack. I'm just saying, it's not something I would have thought to make for myself.
 I will admit it though, it's been fun to wear! I made this one with a lizard print because I thought maybe one of my boys would like to have it. Now, I may have to make one for me! You all know there are times you need your hands free but you don't want to carry around a big old backpack, or a bulky purse. So stop rolling your eyes at me! ;) Ha!
You know you want one too! My friend who requested this particular item is going on a trip to Disney. And this would be totally perfect to have! Your keys, camera, cell phone, a snack maybe, all right at your fingertips. Thank you Donna for this totally great item. And, it can definitely be fashionable. I may need to tweak the design a bit to get that perfect style. Not bad for my first try though!

That's about it. Well, I did just make this beautiful tote.

I really love how it turned out! These majestic creatures with their piercing eyes. Oh! There's just something about it, you know? I've got some other ideas in my head, and a few other items that I have been asked to create. So, be sure to check back often!

2 comments:

  1. Ellen, I love the fabric of the tote. I've seen that *life* and I had to restrain myself from walking out her door with it, LOL. The hip pack, I'm with you, I would not have thought of it, but I tell you when we travel, my dear husband, who keeps up with passports, documents, boarding passes, money, id's, etc, has a never failing old style black one that he adores. For a Disney trip, or even for those camping hikes and days I can see how practical it is. I also am mad about nature inspired prints. I love how you made the lizard fall in the middle of the front pocket.

    And I'm the neighbor who commissioned Ellen for the apron. Actually friend, I have gathered the moneys, so we have a go... I know it's going to be quite a nice item for our valued friend and amazing art teacher of our kiddos.

    See you maybe tomorrow, if you'd like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great Silvia! I'll be cutting the apron out soon, and will get those special hand prints from you. It is going to be such a fun apron! I'm sure she will *love* wearing it. =]

      Delete

Followers

There was an error in this gadget
Tote-ally Crafty Experience@2012. Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP