Friday, November 11, 2011

It's Over, Or Has it Just Begun?

Today was the final day, for this semester, at our home-school co-op. Sad, yet wonderful, all at the same time. You see, I really have enjoyed this semester. The kids have been fantaastic! And we have had a lot of fun learning and crafting together. But, I am ready for a break from dinosaurs. I am ready to get back into my sewing groove. Wait. Have I ever had a 'groove'? None-the-less, groove, or no groove, I am ready for my scissors to start cutting, and my machine to start sewing.

Oh, what a feeling it will be when I bond once again with my lovely sewing machine! Now, I know what you are thinking. You're thinking I've lost my mind. And, you could be partially right. Part of my mind has been lost, without the sweet use of my sewing machine. Right now it's sitting on a clean table, in a clean workspace, waiting for my arrival of all things sewn.

What do I plan to sew first? Well, I have several people on a little list who are in need, NEED I tell you, of a Notepad/Wallet Combo (I really have got to come up with a better name than that!). I know some wonderful loved ones who would just love a little notepad holder to carry with them. And, I have a beautiful daughter who needs some pretty dresses! A girl can not have too many dresses, can she??? No. I didn't think so.  =]

I found a little tutorial for a jersey knit dress. I am looking forward to making it! Hopefully one of many to come. The last dress I made for her, I tweaked a bit. Here she is sporting her pretty handmade dress...
Picture courtesy of my super talented friend and neighbor Silvia.

Not to mention, my son wants me to make him a backpack. A big, sturdy one. He has lots of books to carry to and from Friday school. I have lots of things I'd like to sew. Projects I'd like to try out. Do you have any fun projects you're working on? Do share!

1 comment:

  1. Ellen, those dresses are so cute! I know you'll have fun and they'll turn out great!
    And I understand the NEED of your super combo, the one I'm also trying hard to figure out a nice catchy name for!
    I can't wait to see the backpack you'll make for your son, your backpacks look store bought in the sense of how well they are finished, but they still have the nice uniqueness that home made things have.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

There was an error in this gadget
Tote-ally Crafty Experience@2012. Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP