Sunday, October 30, 2011

Sewing for My Girl

I don't know what got into me last week, I decided to make a dress for my baby girl. I know what you're thinking, "Aren't you supposed to be making her a dress for your family pictures this week?". And my answer is: My super talented friend Krafty Mommas is making her a super cute outfit instead! I am SO excited! She makes the CUTEST stuff for little girls! I look forward to showing you the pics later this week!

Now, back to what I was saying, I decided to make a dress for baby girl. I may be a crafty with the sewing machine for lots of things but I don't consider myself a dress-maker. But, having a little girl means tons of cute, adorable dresses and skirts, right? So, I gave it a go the other day, and, much to my surprise, it didn't turn out too bad! I was attempting to mimic a cute dress she already has but is growing out of.

Here's how it came out...


Then, a dear friend of mine gave me some great suggestions. I took her advice, and this is what I ended up with...

Not too bad for one of my first attempts at dress-making! I mean, I have made some stuff in the past but my skills were, well, not so great. I think they're improving now that I sew more frequently.   

I do have more plans for future dresses. Like, giving the bottom a ruffle! Wouldn't that be SO much cuter??!!! Oh the joys of a little girl!

I also just finished up a Zebra print Combo Wallet. I think it turned out pretty great! What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. So you didn't use a pattern? You are SUPER talented! I love the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christi - I did and I didn't use a pattern. I did for the top part of the dress, I had no clue for that style top! The skirt doesn't really need a pattern, it's basically rectangles. =]

    ReplyDelete

Followers

There was an error in this gadget
Tote-ally Crafty Experience@2012. Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP