Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Person Behind 'Tote-ally Blessed'

I have started this blog to share my love of sewing and crafting. It is such a fun way to express myself, and a great way for me to 'escape' for just a little bit during my day. I thought for my first post I should tell you a little bit about myself. Who is the person behind the business? I can certainly answer that! Me, of course!


My name is Ellen.

Firstly, I am a follower of Christ. Without Him, I am nothing.

Secondly, I am a wife to an amazing man, Scott. He truly is a gift from above! He is a strong supporter of me, our children, and my little shop.

Thirdly, I am a stay at home-schooling mom! My hubby and I have 4 blessings from the Lord. They are age 10, all the way down to age 1. Three boisterous boys and one sweet little girl! We chose to home-school our children when our first was just a baby. It is a decision we have not regretted. I love to be able to stay home with my children, and be able to guide them in their educational journey.



Which brings me to my number four, I love to sew! I started sewing several years ago when my crafty friend (Krafty Mommas) started sewing. She was a huge inspiration to me! Although, I guess I really didn't start sewing until many years later. But I feel like my journey began then, when I was pregnant with my first baby. For the most part, I just attempted to sew on my Mom's sewing machine. The one she used to sew my dresses with when I was just a little girl. I made basic things, like place-mats. Then, when #3 was 1 year old, my hubby purchased me my very own sewing machine. It was just your basic machine. Which was perfect for someone who didn't sew much. I started with the thought of making clothes for my boys. I didn't do much of that. Soon, I branched out and started sewing simple totes. Then, in December 2009, I opened 'Tote-ally Blessed' on Etsy, when I was pregnant with #4. My first girl!!! I opened my shop because I truly enjoy sewing. I wanted to be able to share that with whoever wanted to share it with me! I didn't do much that first year. Mainly because I was pregnant with #4, and I had 3 boys to keep up with. What was I thinking opening a shop?? Lol! But, I am glad that I did! I have enjoyed creating usable items for people. I love the fact that people will email me and ask me to create something for them. Something that they will use. Something that was created for them.

Of course, it wasn't just my love of sewing that prompted me to open my little shop. I wanted to be able to help my husband financially. Even if I didn't make very much, something was helpful. He works so hard for us, it was my little way to try and help lessen the burden of being a one income family. The money I make from my shop helps pay for the extras. Like, fun field trips for the kids, extra classes they want to take outside of our little home-school, things like that.

What a blessing this adventure has been for me! When I look back at when I started, at how little I knew of sewing, and what I know today, I count my self truly blessed that others would ask me to create something for them!

Here's to many more custom made items! I hope you come back to my little blog space and see what I have been creating.

God bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

There was an error in this gadget
Tote-ally Crafty Experience@2012. Powered by Blogger.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP